Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cow Parade

In my internship search, I came across a company known for their painted cows. Cow Parade is a non-profit organization, located in Bloomfield, CT, and is a worldwide phenomenon and the most public art event in the world. Cow Parade hires many companies and artists to create actual masterpieces on the cow's bodies, where they will then be displayed in public cities and metropolitan areas. The size of each parade varies, and can feature anywhere from 32 to 450 cows at one time. The cows remain in the location for 2 to monthss and are then auctioned off, with the highest sold being the Wage Moo from CowParade Dublin 2003, which sold for $146,000. The cows are made of fiberglass, and artists get to choose from three different positions, standing, grazing, and reclining. My family and I traveled to Boston years ago and saw some of these cows, and really did not understand the purpose, and now that I've done the research, I can not help but commend how successful this organization has become!












No comments:

Post a Comment